Throughout the lessons of the Oracle Database 12c R2: New Features for Administrators Part 2 course constituted by five modules; the Securing Data module, the Making Data Available module, the Partitioning Data module, the Managing Information Lifecycle module and the Monitoring DB Operations and Managing Performance module, students receive a good knowledge of the Oracle Database 12c Release 2 new and enhanced features in different areas of database administration like Unified Auditing, Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and other areas of security, Recovery Manager, online operations, Oracle Data Pump, SQL*Loader, new partitioning methods, Automatic Data Optimization, In-Memory Column Store, Full Database In-Memory Caching, and Automatic Big Table Caching.
- Gain an understanding of the new and enhanced features of Oracle Database 12c Release 2 (184.108.40.206) amongst different areas such as security, availability, partitioning, performance, and Information Lifecycle Management (ILM).
Benefits To You
Benefit from getting a thorough understanding of the following lessons:
- The lessons of the Securing Data module cover enhancements in auditing like role based conditional auditing, in privilege administration like new system administrative privilege for RAC, in Privilege Analysis and Data Redaction, in Transparent Sensitive Data Protection with new types of policies for FGA and TDE, and finally also in Transparent Data Encryption (TDE).
- The lessons of the Making Data Available module cover enhanced features in RMAN like table recovery, transport data across platforms, enhancements related to online operations, and finally ongoing enhancements with Oracle Data Pump, SQL*Loader and external tables.
- The lesson of the Partitioning Data module covers enhancements and new partitioning methods.
- The lessons of the Managing Information Lifecycle module introduce Heat Map and Automatic Data Optimization with heat map statistics tracking and ADO policies. The lessons also cover Temporal functionalities such as temporal history and temporal validity. In-Database Archiving provides a new feature, the Row-archival.
- The lessons of the Monitoring DB Operations and Managing Performance module explain the new features to improve the performance of the databases with SQL Performance Analyzer, DB Replay and SQL Plan Management, and to improve query execution with the Optimizer Statistics Advisor, JOIN processing. You will also learn about In-Memory Database option.